RECIPE: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
Chocolate crinkle cookies taste like a cross between a brownie and a chocolate cookie. Make sure to add plenty of different colour sprinkles for a festive look.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 12-14 minutes
Makes: 30 cookies
1 bar (100g) Lindt Excellence 78% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup icing sugar
½ cup sprinkles
1. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring often. Alternatively, melt chocolate in microwave on 30 second blasts. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Scrape in melted and cooled chocolate. Mix until well combined. Tip flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Mix, using a wooden spoon, just until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Scoop heaped tsp sized portions of dough. Roll into balls. Roll each ball in sprinkles to coat, then in icing sugar to coat. Place balls 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies on top and bottom third racks of oven, rotating sheets halfway through baking, until surfaces crack, about 12-14 minutes. Let cookies cool.